Thursday, January 10, 2013

Under a Painted Sky Review & Interview With the Author

Title: Under a Painted Sky
Author: Jenna Roads
Genre: YA/Paranormal/Romance
Pages:207








The Blurb:
Isabella Reed is a fast-track twenty one year old from a small Florida town. She flees to the Land of Enchantment, Albuquerque, NM, where the beautiful painted skies go on forever and hold hope for a fresh start.
She meets Logan Hayes, a sexy guide who has been hired to show her all the sights of her new city. He shows her much more than that. Something Paranormal happens to Isabella that she is unaware of when touring the Petroglyphs and her life takes a downward spiral into a supernatural captivity that no one will believe except for Logan. He vows to protect her with his life after seeing for himself.


My Review: Under a Painted Sky what a fitting name for a book that literally paints the sky for you. I fell in love with the New Mexico skyline and I've never seen it. As I continued reading I was amazed at how I became so familiar with somewhere I had never been. Jenna Roads does an amazing job of taking you through this story with every word as if the scenery were right in front of you.

Isabella is a very strong character who won me over from the start and her sexy, yet ever so the gentleman, Logan Hayes, who is sure to win your heart. Under a Painted Sky gave me a jump every now and again as if something were to go bump in the night. This book has just the right mix of paranormal and romance to make it a winner in my eyes. I definitely would call this book my cup of tea!
5/5


Interview With the Author: Jenna Roads
Here's a few questions that Jenna was so wonderfully answered.  Hope you all will enjoy getting to know her.

Can you tell us about a hobby you have?
Sure, I love to take pictures of landscapes and people.
What is your number one pet peeve when writing?
Interruptions.

How many words do you write a day?
I try to write 3000 words a day.

What music do you listen to when you write?
I have eclectic tastes and truly like some of almost all music. I most often listen to mixed Pop music.

What do you like best about writing?
I like the fact that I can go anywhere in a book. Money is not an obstacle and the only obstacles are your own imagination.The possibilities are endless.

What is your favorite movie?
There are so many off the top of my head , I would say August Rush where an orphaned musical prodigy uses his gift as a clue to finding his birth parents.

Have you ever had writers block?
Only temporarily when I am figuring out the plot leaks.

Do you share your writing with anyone before it is finished?
I have a friend that I sometimes do what I call plot busting with, to make sure my plot has no holes.

What is your least favorite thing about being an author?
I would have to say editing, editing and more editing.

Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
I think I would like to go to Florence. It would make a great setting for a love story.
































No comments:

Post a Comment